Monday, March 29, 2010

Visualization

Last night I started to read back through some of my old post of when I was training for the marathon. I just keep thinking about how far 26.2 miles really is and how much time I put into training..How did I do it? By the grace of God and some serious visualization techniques. My mom has always coached me in life and she believes in positive thinking. I remember her telling me about visualizing how it would feel to finish the race. I realized that I visualize a lot during my runs. I think about getting to the next tree, bench, person, what I'll eat when I'm finished etc and it really helps settle my mind and give my brain something to focus on. If you are training for a race you should always be thinking about crossing that finish line every time you run. Think about the cheers of the people, the relief of finishing and the smile on your face for accomplishing your goal.

Tomorrow we'll have a guest blogger who will share her GYRO experience and about her 10k she just completed!

No comments: