Monday, February 15, 2010

What was I thinking..

I'm running a 10 mile race on Saturday, news to you and news to my body.

I have only ran 3 times since November.. ouch. Yesterday, I reluctantly agreed to run with my friends Nicki and Ashley. I headed over to my old neighborhood to run a .75 mile loop. I thought we'd probably go 4 or 5 BUT my body said otherwise. What was I thinking....

It was cold. I was sore and out of shape so we ran 2. I'm ashamed to say it was a struggle the whole way. My mouth had that bitter taste that you sometimes get when your nauseous , my legs felt like 100lb each and my brain just hurt. Running is such a mental game for me and I had a lot of other things on my mind so it just was the perfect storm for a not so good run.

However, today is a new day. I started the day with sit-ups (how long has that ball been in my bedroom and I've been saying I'll use it every morning....MONTHS!) Anyway, it's a start. Spring will be here, I hope, in 34ish days and I want to be in shape to enjoy running on the Huckleberry and wearing tank tops and shorts.

I was also reminded that I am strong, while I have not really trained in months, my body will know what to do on Saturday. I did run a marathon without running for 3 weeks before the race.. Muscle Memory, I hope.

I probably won't get around to running this week but maybe I'll surprise myself and head to the gym. I'm also dedicated to drinking my water again this week. I have to be conscious of how much I drink so that I'm fully hydrated.

So, here is to a new day! GYRO.

No comments: