Friday, November 12, 2010

I should stick to running, but I'm determined..

I've never been a fan of home fitness workout videos. Nothing specific against them, I just can't do the moves therefore, I don't like them. I can remember in high school going to a friends house and just watching 8 minute abs. I can remember the first time I saw P90X, just watching it on my couch. It's pitiful I know but I've always been a runner and if I'm not 'running' then I don't feel like I'm working out. I know that this is flawed thinking but it's how I honestly feel. (I feel the same about workout classes but that's for another post).

I would never buy workout videos because of my history but since I'm at my parents and they have it..I thought why not.

So, today was Day 1 of this new adventure. I'm doing the "Lean workout that has more cardio (remember I like running :) ) and less resistance for maximum weight loss".. sounds good enough to me! I didn't do everything to the maximum reps because I kept having to pull myself up from the mat and actually do the moves not just watch them like a tv show :) It's pretty intense using muscles I forgot I had but I'm glad I stuck through it even though it wasn't pretty at times.

I plan on running some during these 90 days but don't want to be so tired and sore for my first day at the new job on Monday so once I get through next week, I'll add that back in. (Unless, I can't take the gorgeous weather we are having and sneak a run in tomorrow)!

How about you, how do you feel about workout videos and fitness programs like P90X?


GYRO,

Sarah

No comments: