Monday, April 19, 2010

Marathon Training Take 2

Well it has been just 6 months since I ran the Baltimore Marathon, but I've got the itch to do it all over again!I've run quite a few times since the marathon and it's all been positive. With the beautiful weather and great running friends, how could I not want to do it again.

Saturday, I met my friend Nicki at the Huckleberry and we had planned to run 10 miles. I can remember the first 10 miles I ran last year and how I was shocked I could do that. Saturday I was more shocked that we ran 10 miles in 1 hour and 42 minutes and I had not run in about 2 weeks! Last Summer I started training on June 8th and didn't run 10 miles until July 15th. My brother in law, Jeff, did mention since my base is built up and I've kept up with running enough it'll be a lot easier and quicker to reach those longer distances. I'm so thankful for that.

I'm thinking I'll probably just run twice a week for a while unless I have time to run 3 times a week but honestly, the time commitment it really hard right now and I am starting training almost 3 months ahead of last summer!

On another note, Congrats to my 2 best friends Kim and Julie. They ran the 8 mile loop at White Clay Creek in DE this weekend. It was Julie's first time running 8 miles and it was fun to talk to them on speaker phone after they got finished.. Can't wait to run with them this summer and talk Julie into the marathon ;)

No comments: